unsurv-android Update 1
09 May, 2020
The following features have been added:
- Support for offline tiles to reduce exposure has been added (capture in airplane mode).
- unsurv-android has gotten an update to its datamodel for surveillance cameras to integrate better with the one from OpenStreetMap (OSM).
- When downloading existing cameras the app will now communicate via the Overpass API (test it out here)
- For now uploads will only be possible with locally exported files via a script on a seperate computer or an upload form. To use the script a OSM account is needed while uploading via the form uses unsurv's account. While this complicates the upload process, users do not have to trust any instance anymore when uploading cameras via the form and Tor.
- Editing captures now includes new categories that help visualize the area that is being surveilled (type, height, direction, mounting method).
- To organize and map as a group, there is now a feature that overlays a grid over a specific area to split the workload between participants.
- Take images of manually captured cameras with a simple action.